Re-election: Pinnick humble in victory, embraces Maigari, Ogunjobi
KATSINA – After his landslide victory on Thursday at the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Elective Congress 2018 held in the City of Katsina, winner of the landmark election, Amajuoritse Melvin Pinnick has hinted that he will do things differently in his second term in office to advance the course of football in Nigeria.
Speaking shortly after he was sworn in to start his Second Term in office as the NFF president by a Barrister At Law, Mohammed Sani Katu, Pinnick declared that he will work to reunite the aggrieved members of the football family.
He also disclosed that his Executive Board will pursue youth developmental programmes and equally strive to achieve financial independence for the Federation at the shortest possible time.
Pinnick who is also the 1st Vice President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) and a Member of the Federation of International Football Association (FIFA) Competitions Organising body, had earlier reached out to his co- contestants- Alhaji Aminu Maigari and Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi to embrace them immediately he was declared the winner of the Presidential Election.
He first went to where Maigari was seated to hug him warmly and both men stood for a few minutes whispering into the ears of each other what a third party could not hear. He did the same to Ogunjobi.
The former Delta State Football Association Chairman later declared that he saw the election as a mere contest, adding that there was no Victor and no vanquished.
He said that only football was the winner of NFF Election in Katsina.
- Nenadi Usman’s daughter: Killer cop unmasked One week after her assassination, the identity of the p... posted on October 20, 2018
- BREAKING: Ex-CJN Kutigi dies Former Chief Justice of Nigeria Idris Kutigi died in a... posted on October 21, 2018
- Ex-APC Chairman Bisi Akande Backs Restructuring, Blasts Military Former Interim National Chairman of the All Progressive... posted on October 20, 2018
- Senator Shehu Sani Dumps APC The Senator representing Kaduna Central on the platform... posted on October 20, 2018
- Hausa Love: 6 Things to Know Before Dating a Girl From Kano By Adeniyi Ogunfowoke Love is u... posted on June 15, 2016
- 6 Govs, 27 Lawmakers set to dump APC The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has hinted that some... posted on September 5, 2018
- Obi says VP position won’t conflict with Gov. Obiano Mr. Peter Obi, Vice Presidential candidate of the Peopl... posted on October 20, 2018
- 45 Nigerian firms flaunt potential at SNEPCo exhibition
- Barca Boss, PRNigeria Chief Bag Global PR Awards in Barcelona
- Africa’s youngest billionaire returns home after release by kidnappers
- Salah scores as Liverpool scrape past Huddersfield
- Messi sidelined for 3 weeks with fractured arm
- Port Harcourt bubbles as NAFEST kicks off
- BREAKING: Ex-CJN Kutigi dies
- First Bank of Nigeria FC wins CBN Cup
- PSIN: Implementing strategic plan of the civil service, by Ekaete Umo
- Nenadi Usman’s daughter: Killer cop unmasked
- Tinubu Condemns Fresh Kaduna Communal Crisis
- 2019 Guber: Senator Abe Says No Plan to Dump APC
- Ex-APC Chairman Bisi Akande Backs Restructuring, Blasts Military
- Buhari condemns communal violence in Kaduna
- Ex-RMAFC Boss, Hamman Tukur is dead