50-year old man, Teacher arraigned in court for rape, defilement of little girl
A 50-year-old man, one John Nworie has been arraigned in a Magistrate Court for defiling a little girl, one Miss Chukwuma Onyekachi, at Aguenu Umunike Isu community in Onicha LGA, of Ebonyi State.
It was gathered that the accused forced himself on the victim and thereafter inflicted some pains on the private part of the victim.
In a related development, a teacher in one of the secondary schools in another community, Agueke Isu in Onicha LGA of Ebonyi state, one Mr. Elom Levi was also docked in a Magistrate court for allegedly raping one of his students, a 21-year-old girl, Okorie Onyinyechi.
It was gathered that Mr. Elom allegedly invited Onyinyechi who is in SS1 to his house, to copy note which she will in turn copy on the board for the rest of the class, on the claim he was traveling and wouldn’t be around to do so by himself.
Onyinyechi, as was gathered honoured the invitation, but instead Mr. Elom took her to uncompleted building after copying the note, the Vitim was about leaving when Elom allegedly held her back and forced himself on her.
The charge sheet stated “that you Elom Levi ‘M’, on the 13th day of June, 2018 at Onicha in the Abakaliki Magisterial District of this Honourable court, did have unlawful carnal knowledge of one Okorie Onyinyechi ‘F’ aged 21, without her consent and thereby committed an offence punishment under section 358 of the criminal code cap 33 vol.1 laws of Ebonyi state of Nigeria, 2009”.
Also, another 28 year old man, one Odii Chukwuma was also docked for allegedly having unlawful sexual intercourse with one chiamaka Godwin, aged 4, at Ukawu primary school Onicha LGA.
It was revealed that Chukwuma came to Chiamaka’s mother’s shop, requesting for a stick of cigarette but chiamaka who was alone in the shop told him they didn’t have cigarette.
However instead of leaving, Chukwuma allegedly called chiamaka and told her to follow him that someone said he should give her money to give to the mother. That was how he took her to Ukawu primary school where he allegedly defiled her.
The charge sheet reads ” that you Odii Chukwuma, ‘M’ on 17th day of June, 2018, at about 1700hours at Ukawu primary school, Onicha LGA of Ebonyi state in the Abakaliki Magisterial District, did had unlawful sexual intercourse with one chiamaka Godwin ‘F’ aged 4, and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 34(1) of Ebonyi state child right law and related matters law 2010″ it stated.
Meanwhile, the suspects were remanded in Abakaliki prison custody as the cases were adjourned to August 27, 2018, for further hearing.
Subscribe to Promptnews
- Buhari approves new appointments President Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed the appointment and... posted on November 16, 2018
- AWCON 2018: African Women Footballers go to war in Ghana By Harry Awurumibe, ACCRA For the next two week... posted on November 17, 2018
- 2 monarchs get staff of office in Kwara Two newly upgraded traditional rulers from Kwara South Senat... posted on November 14, 2018
- Fraud Syndicate On The Loose In Nigeria Using UBA Account, By Aderogba Abiola Have you seen this man Olaifa Fagbemi aka Fadeyi... posted on May 13, 2018
- Why Regular Sex Is Good For Women – Psychiatrist A psychiatrist, Dr Maymunah Kadiri on Saturday advised marri... posted on November 17, 2018
- NPA MD, Bala Usman refutes bribery allegation, threatens legal action The Managing Director of the Nigeria Ports Authority, NPA, M... posted on November 16, 2018
- Oshiomhole meets Buhari, dismisses allegations of corruption The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC)... posted on November 16, 2018
- Air Chief lists how Operation Green Sweep degrades insurgents in northeast
- International Students Day: Ondo to pay bursary soon
- GOLD Cup: Lobi, Sunshine share spoils in battle of Stars
- Exploring The Capital Market Window For Universities’ Funding, By Uche Uwaleke
- 2019 Afcon Qualification: Buhari Hails Super Eagles
- I did not collect salary for 8 years – Gov Aregbesola
- Why Regular Sex Is Good For Women – Psychiatrist
- CBN reschedules MPC meeting
- Nigeria qualify for 2019 AFCON, draw with S/Africa
- AWCON 2018: African Women Footballers go to war in Ghana
- Dr. Goodluck Jonathan at 61, by Reno Omokri
- News Express goes into magazine publishing
- 2019: Presidential, NASS campaigns begin Sunday-INEC
- World Prematurity Day: Nigeria ranks 3rd with 800,000 preterm births annually – Association
- Kwara by-election witnessed low voters’ turnout, card reader malfunctioning